Friday, May 6, 2011

Steamed artichokes

I remember being a little kid and my mom (only once) made steamed artichokes. We sat around the table and pulled off the leaves, and we dipped them in melted butter. Of course, the artichoke was only a vehicle for butter back then (and there is nothing wrong with that!). Now, I'm a little older and a little healthier, and as much as I would love to dip my chokes in some garlic butter, I opted for some hummus instead. Not too shabby, if I do sy so myself. And super easy.


From Food pics




Steamed Chokes:

Ingredients:
Artichokes
water
dipping agent


1. Cut the pointy top off the chokes and trim the pointy tips off each leaf.

2. Bring a pot of water to boil - but the water should only be an inch or two deep. Add the chokes and cover. Steam for about 40 minutes, until the outer leaves fall off easily.

*You'll probably have to add more water to the pot - don't let it all evaporate!!


No comments: