Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Carrot-raisin-yogurt shake

Every morning, I go running with my good friend and fellow blogger, April. We live in Florida, and its summer, so as you can imagine our runs are pretty grueling. This morning, it was particularly hot and humid. After the run was over, she told me about a shake that she's made that she thought would be a great post-workout snack. This is the kind of shake where you think about it, and you can't imagine that it would be that good. So, after I got home, I really wanted a good, refreshing, healthy post-workout snack, and I decided to give April's shake a try. Holy cow it was good!  April used actual carrots in her shake, but I had carrot juice on hand so I just used that. For extra protein just add some plain or vanilla protein powder. Enjoy!


From Food pics





Ingredients:
8 oz carrot juice
1/4-1/3 c greek yogurt
1/4 cup raisins
a few ice cubes
(These amounts are approximate - add whatever you like!)

1) Blend the crap out of everything. I have a pretty awesome blender, so I put it on the highest setting for about 2 minutes. 

1 comment:

April said...

Yay! Glad you liked it!!