Monday, April 18, 2011

White Bean Pate

This was the last of my "Pantry Challenge" recipes. It was really fun and I certainly enjoyed making room in my kitchen for new food, but now I'm happy to be trying out some new recipes this week.

White bean pate was super easy and yummy. I ate it with these fancy rosemary crackers that i got from the Sweet Grass Dairy store in Thomasville. Its a lot smoother than hummus, which is exactly what I was going for. I used canned navy beans, so they blended really easy. I actually just used a potato masher to blend them - I never even needed a mixer!

Ingredients:

1 can navy beans
2 tbsp ranch dressing (I would have used tahini if I had any)
several pinches thyme
several pinches black pepper
onion and garlic powder

1). Mash everything up until smooth. Taste for spice levels.


From Food pics

No comments: