Saturday, April 16, 2011

Pantry Challenge Day 7 - Mexican Pita Pizzas


Didn't I say I'm moving towards an empty pantry? I seriously need to go grocery shopping! These mexican pizzas were exactly how they look - fast, filling and pretty tasty. I mean fast, they went from fridge to plate in under 10 minutes. Not the most nutritious of meals, but they'll do when there is nothing else in the house!  

Ingredients:
4 pita pockets, carefully pulled apart
1 cup refried beans (if you buy a can, make sure they’re vegetarian!)
½ cup salsa
1 cup shredded cheese (I used part skim mozzarella)
About ¼-1/2 cup sliced green onions

 Preheat oven to 350 
 On each pita, spread about ¼ cup refried beans
 Then spread salsa 
  Sprinkle with cheese
  Bake at 350 for 7 minutes, until cheese is melted and pita is crisp
 Garnish with green onions.

From Food pics

No comments: