Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Basic Scrambled Tofu

Scrambled tofu is a simple and easy-to-put-together breakfast dish. You can dress it up any way you want - my favorite way to eat it is covered with beans and salsa (and guacamole when I really want to go crazy!). I served it (to myself) with an everything bagel-thin and two strips of fakin'. Yum.


From Food pics


Ingredients:

Extra firm tofu (I used about 1/3 of a package for this meal. Use what you need.
small handful diced onion
salt, pepper
a few pinches turmeric (for color)
a few shakes garlic powder

1. Give the tofu a really good squeeze over the sink.It doesn't matter if it loses shape, you're crumbling it anyway!

2. Preheat a skillet over medium heat and saute the onion 2-3 minutes, until translucent.

3. Crumble the tofu with your hands over the skillet. Use a spatula to get rid of any big lumps. It should resemble feta cheese. Add the spices and stir well.

4. Saute about 5-7 minutes. I like to let the tofu brown a little bit. Serve with your favorite fixins!

No comments: